Telomere Length Test for SpermsInquiry
Telomere length varies from cell to cell and organ to organ. It is well known that germ cells have longer telomeres than other cells. Among them, the telomere length of sperm cells plays a critical role in individual development and reproduction. Their telomere length is an important biomarker for possible fertility-related diseases.
The analysis of sperm telomere length can provide researchers with new ideas in the direction of research on male semen quality, fertility, and reproductive age. CD BioSciences can provide telomere length measurement of sperm samples, which may be used for research on the diagnosis, prognosis, and drug development of male fertility disorders.
Telomere Length in Sperm Cells
In males, spermatogenesis is a dynamic and continuous process from puberty to death. Telomeres of sperm cells are longer and increase with age compared to somatic cells. This is contrary to our previous knowledge. And the exact mechanism of this process remains unclear. But even if it is, researchers believe that men's fertility decreases as they get older. And shorter sperm telomere length has been associated with many reproductive disorders.
Our service is focused on measuring telomere length in sperm using the Telomere Length Aging Clock platform. We provide our clients with the required telomere length data of sperm cells to evaluate the diagnostic and therapeutic potential based on telomere length.
Fig. 1 Service flow of telomere length measurement in sperm cells.
- Sperm cell preparation. To prepare sperm cells, the semen sample you provide must be centrifuged through a density gradient. We can separate sperm cells from non-germ cells and other debris to ensure that your results are accurate. This process consists mainly of thawing, centrifugation, washing, and resuspension.
- DNA extraction. We extract genomic DNA directly from prepared sperm cells. All reagents and consumables for this procedure are provided directly by us.
- Telomere length measurement. Our PCR-based platform provides a high-throughput, low-reagent consumption method for telomere length detection in sperm cells. We are able to perform comprehensive telomere analysis, including information on average telomere length, minimum telomere length, telomere distribution, etc.
- Analysis and interpretation of results. Create standard curves with reference to DNA to test for differences between the mean telomere lengths of the different sperm samples analyzed. Examine and assess the normality of the variables and assess the relationship between telomere length and age or time using basic linear correlation and regression.
We provide telomere length measurement solutions for researchers with sperm samples. The specific requirements are as follows.
- Sample type. We can receive semen samples from you or genomic DNA samples extracted from sperm.
- Sample quantity. Semen samples should contain multiple 1 mL aliquots, each containing >106 cells of sperm cells. DNA sample＞1 μg.
- Shipping requirements. Semen samples should be frozen in nitrogen for 30 min and then transported on dry ice.
- If you need the remaining samples after the test is completed, we will return the samples.
Telomere length measurement of sperm biospecimens and assessment of correlation with aging and disease is both rapid and efficient using the telomere-based aging clock technology platform.
CD BioSciences is an expert in aging clock technology. If you have a need for telomere length measurement of sperm samples or other samples, please contact us to learn more.
- Amir S, et al. Sperm telomere length: Diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in male infertility. World Academy of Sciences Journal, 2019,1(6):259-63.
Our services are for research use only and not for any clinical use.
We are a comprehensive technology platform company integrating aging DNA methylation, telomere, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome research.