Telomere Length Test for Peripheral Blood LeukocytesInquiry
Short telomeres in peripheral blood leukocytes (PBLs) are associated with aging and age-related diseases. It has been studied as a potential biomarker for age-related diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic lung disease, diabetes mellitus and many other diseases.
CD BioSciences provides telomere length measurement service for PBL based on telomere aging clock technology platform, thereby enabling scientists to study the possible association between leukocyte telomere length and aging and age-related diseases as well as develop its application use.
Telomere Length Changes in PBLs
PBLs are a group of closely related cells that include neutrophils, monocytes, eosinophils, basophils, and lymphocytes. These cells are constantly moving throughout the body. They are usually obtained by collecting fasting peripheral venous blood and are often used as samples for physical function assessment
Although not fully understood, neurological disorders, cardiovascular diseases, immune-related disorders and other chronic degenerative diseases associated with aging as well as the normal aging process may be reflected in changes in PBL telomere length.
Our service focuses on measuring the telomere length of PBLs using the telomere length aging clock platform.
Fig. 1 Service flow of telomere length measurement in PBLs.
- PBL-TL measurements. Genomic DNA from whole blood is used as starting material for qPCR-based analysis. You can choose to provide DNA samples directly, or submit peripheral leukocyte samples and DNA extraction can be performed by us. We use a modified qPCR method that can be used for large-scale measurements. The average telomere length is measured in triplicate for each sample.
- Statistical analysis. We can use various significant difference tests to support the search for differences in telomere length between different cell samples. For multiple regression analysis with the telomere length of different samples as the response variable.
Applications of PBL Telomere Length Assay
- Telomere assays for PBL play an important role in aging and age-related disease research. They may serve as biomarkers as well as provide a better understanding of the age or aging process of the sample cells.
- PBL's telomere length test can help to understand the overall aging process of the test subject and the likelihood of interventions or medications for aging-related diseases.
If you require our testing services, please read the following notes.
- Order services. You can fill out the inquiry form directly and send it to us or call us directly.
- Samples delivery. Samples must be freshly collected and sent to us within 24-36h after collection according to shipping conditions.
- Report receipt. You will receive a comprehensive report of the test results in the shortest possible time. This includes the mean telomere length of the samples and the interpretation of these results as well as an analysis report of the correlation study.
For many years, CD BioSciences has been providing exceptional scientific services to research institutions and pharmaceutical companies around the world. There is also a proven technology platform and comprehensive service offerings in the field of telomere analysis. Contact us to learn more about our telomere measurements on human samples.
Our services are for research use only and not for any clinical use.
We are a comprehensive technology platform company integrating aging DNA methylation, telomere, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome research.