Telomere Length Test for Oral Mucosa CellsInquiry
In general, telomere length can be assessed with blood samples. However, obtaining blood is costly and invasive. Therefore, it has been shown that saliva and oral cells can also be used as assessment samples. They are more cost effective, more stable and less invasive.
Abnormal alterations in telomere length are associated with the development of certain diseases. CD BioSciences offers telomere length testing services for oral mucosal cell samples, enabling accurate detection through simple and easy-to-use high-throughput assays that can be used to search for possible mechanisms linking telomere length to related diseases.
Our service is focused on measuring telomere length in oral mucosa cells using the Telomere Length Aging Clock platform. We provide our clients with the required telomere length data to evaluate the diagnostic and therapeutic potential based on telomere length.
- Buccal swab collection. This step can be performed by our clients themselves. Saliva and tissue are collected primarily by using oral swabs firmly placed on the cheeks. Swabs are collected using the combination kit we provide to allow samples to be stored at room temperature without DNA denaturation.
- DNA extraction. If the customer provides cellular samples, we can help extract DNA from oral swab samples. The extracted DNA will be measured and diluted for storage.
- Telomere length measurement by qPCR. Our PCR-based platform provides a high-throughput, low-reagent consumption method for telomere length detection in oral mucosa cells. We are able to perform comprehensive telomere analysis, including information on average telomere length, minimum telomere length, telomere distribution, etc.
Our service is a simple and insightful genetic test that measures telomere length to quantify the extent of cellular senescence in oral mucosal cells at the time of sampling.
- Receive a complete and simple report with the DNA age of your sample and relevant interpretations.
- Provide priceless insight into the study of biological aging and age-related diseases.
- Recommended measurements created specifically for individuals or teams with simple steps.
- Sample type: oral mucosal cells or extracted DNA
- Container: multiple 1 mL aliquots, each containing >106 cells, DNA sample＞1 μg
- Collection: mix upside down, do not centrifuge or freeze, and label tubes with names and collection dates for shipping in our combo kit.
- Order online for kits shipped directly to you for sample collection. You can always keep an eye on our website for resources and special offers.
- Collect your oral mucosa samples via the swab kit, fill out two forms, and ship them directly back to the lab.
- We will process your samples and forms, which typically take only 5 to 10 business days to generate, with secure online access to your reports.
Schedule Your Telomere Measurement Test Today
CD BioSciences will provide you with the tools you need to address telomere length testing in oral mucosal cells. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and testing service.
Our services are for research use only and not for any clinical use.
We are a comprehensive technology platform company integrating aging DNA methylation, telomere, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome research.