Telomere Length Test for NHP SamplesInquiry
Although rodents are the primary animal model commonly used for biomedical research, nonhuman primates (NHPs) are viable for aging studies. Primates exhibit aging with significant similarities to the elderly. The most typical primate models of aging include the rhesus monkey, the gray mouse lemur, and the common marmoset.
CD BioSciences can provide telomere assay services for aging studies in common NHP samples, which involve collecting NHP samples and detecting and analyzing telomere length.
We are a leading aging research laboratory with a technology platform specializing in telomere length testing. Our goal is to assist scientists in obtaining telomere length information. Over the years, we have earned the trust of our clients by performing complex telomere length analyses on a wide variety of samples with the highest quality and exceptional level of customer service.
- How to measure telomere length? - We use a simple and accurate method for measuring telomere length. In our protocol, the required sample preparation and starting material aspects are common. We can provide additional relevant biological insights by measuring the distribution of individual telomere lengths. The results are suitable for automated image analysis and facilitate high-throughput applications.
- How accurate is telomere length testing? - The way a sample is handled can have a significant impact on the accuracy of the results. You can trust us with years of experience in handling NHP samples. Telomere length analysis of samples is performed using a consistent and reliable procedure, resulting in accurate and reproducible measurements according to quality control testing standards.
- What can telomere length testing reveal? - Telomere length tests can indicate the biological age of NHP samples. The obtained telomere length can be used as an optimal biomarker for aging studies, exploring the relevance of aging and various age-related diseases.
- How do I get the telomere length test? - You can contact us for details of our services and ordering procedures. Our team will help you arrange a free and professional consultation so that you can achieve your ultimate research goals.
We provide telomere measurement solutions for different NHP samples, with specific sample requirements in the table below.
|Blood sample||＞3 mL||EDTA anticoagulation tube collection, invert and mix|
|Saliva sample||＞2 mL||Use a commercial saliva collection kit and rinse your mouth before collection|
|Cell sample||＞106 cells||Remove the culture medium and freeze in liquid nitrogen|
|Tissue sample||＞500 mg||Divide into 50 mg size, quick-frozen in liquid nitrogen|
|DNA sample||＞1 μg||No pollution and no residue, concentration ≥20 ng/μL|
Suitable NHP Species
- Cynomolgus monkey (Macaca fascicularis)
- Rhesus monkeys (M. mulatta)
- MMarmoset (Callithrix jacchus)
- Chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes)
- Gorilla (Gorilla gorilla)
- Orangutan (Pongo pygmaeus)
- Olive baboon (Papio anubis)
- Gray mouse (Microcebus)
CD BioSciences is committed to providing quality service and continually strives for improvement. We welcome the opportunity to contact us at any time and raise your needs or concerns through our contact form. All feedback will be addressed and evaluated, and technical support will provide a response as soon as possible.
Our services are for research use only and not for any clinical use.
We are a comprehensive technology platform company integrating aging DNA methylation, telomere, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome research.