Telomere Length Test for Human HepatocytesInquiry
In many organs and tissues, including the liver, telomere shortening in vivo occurs with aging and can be accelerated by various environmental factors. Therefore, measurement of telomere length is expected to provide information to assess the lifespan of cells. For liver cells, the reduction of telomeres with human aging has not been elucidated. Therefore, CD BioSciences provides a systematic telomere length study service for hepatocytes to address liver-related senescence studies.
Telomere Length Variation in the Human Liver
As we age, the liver undergoes many structural and functional changes. Telomeres are known to shorten with age and this shortening has been associated with an increased incidence of many liver disease processes. It has been found that in healthy aging livers, hepatocytes retain telomere length relative to other intrahepatic lineages. In liver disease states, it was found that hepatocytes had shorter telomeres than other cells. The risk of dying from liver disease is much higher in older patients.
Shortened hepatocyte telomeres are associated with a variety of diseases, such as hereditary syndromes, viral hepatitis, NASH and alcoholic liver disease. Order the telomere length assay service for hepatocytes to measure the average telomere length in hepatocytes to help monitor cellular aging and study chronic liver disease.
- Cell types - Our measurement service is available for individually isolated hepatocytes, Kupffer cells, Ito cells, hepatic stellate cells, bile duct and capillary cells, and cholangiocytes or a mixture of whole liver tissue cells.
- What to measure - This test analyzes the median, average and individual telomere lengths of the hepatocytes you are studying to see how hepatocyte telomeres change over time and also to see if hepatocyte telomeres change as you develop certain interventions or drugs. Our technology platform is based on qPCR analysis methods that measure telomere length, and we are very good at this technology and are constantly updating it.
- Test results - Your test results may be sent within 5-10 business days after the lab receives your sample. It may take longer depending on your specific needs. We are committed to quality and provide test results that are easy to understand and analyze, including tabular and graphical versions.
We provide telomere length measurement solutions for researchers with hepatocyte samples. The specific requirements are as follows.
- Liver tissue. Store at -80°C.
- Isolated hepatocytes. Prepare a total hepatocyte suspension and then centrifuge. Then, centrifuge the supernatant further to precipitate the hepatocytes.
- DNA samples. Prepare genomic DNA using Proteinase K and sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS), followed by repeated phenol-chloroform extraction.
- If you need the remaining samples after the test is completed, we will return the samples.
Why Choose Us?
- We are a professional aging clock laboratory that develops and performs aging biology laboratory tests.
- Support the study of hepatocyte telomeres in chronic liver disease.
- Our services are affordable, confidential and convenient.
- There are many lab locations nationwide. You can choose any of them.
CD BioSciences is an expert in aging clock technology. If you have a need for telomere length measurement of hepatocyte samples or other samples, please contact us to learn more.
- Verma S, et al. Sustained telomere length in hepatocytes and cholangiocytes with increasing age in normal liver. Hepatology, 2012, 56(4): 1510-1520.
Our services are for research use only and not for any clinical use.
We are a comprehensive technology platform company integrating aging DNA methylation, telomere, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome research.