Telomere Length Test for Chorionic VillusInquiry
Telomere length and the composition of the fetal genome at birth may be important for lifelong health. The chorionic villi form important parts of the placenta and the chorionic villi cells contain the same genetic material as the fetus. For this reason, chorionic villus cells can be collected and examined.
Telomere length of chorionic villi cells is of great importance for fetal studies. However, the utility of measurement depends greatly on validated methods. CD BioSciences can provide validated telomere length measurement methods, which can provide a tool to assess the effect on chorionic villus telomere length and thus study fetal-related issues.
The chorionic villi are tiny protrusions of placental tissue that possess the same genetic material as the baby. Chorionic villus is often used as a prenatal test. By testing it can screen for fetal chromosomal abnormalities and certain other genetic problems
We offer telomere length testing services for chorionic villus samples. Prior to testing, you will need to obtain a tissue sample to submit to us.
Fig. 1 Service flow of telomere length measurement for chorionic villus.
- Sample submission and DNA extraction. Chorionic villi are villi that germinate from the chorion and provide the greatest area of contact with maternal blood. Samples are usually collected between the 10th and 12th week of pregnancy and tissue samples are obtained primarily by accessing the placenta. After you submit the sample, we can isolate DNA from the tissue sample you provide.
- Telomere length measurement. Our PCR-based platform provides a high-throughput, low-reagent consumption method for telomere length detection in chorionic villi. We are able to perform comprehensive telomere analysis, including information on average telomere length, minimum telomere length, telomere distribution, etc.
- Our technology overcomes the limitations of traditional telomere testing. Traditional methods of measuring telomeres are often very time-consuming and technically demanding, which makes it difficult to obtain precise information about telomeres. Using our technology platform, researchers can accurately obtain a high level of detailed telomere information in their measurements.
- Provide researchers with effective development strategies. We can help you use telomere length and other information as biomarkers for disease research, for diagnostic and therapeutic development.
We provide telomere length measurement solutions for chorionic villus samples. The specific requirements are as follows.
- Sample type: chorionic villi
- Sample quantity: 15-30 mg
- Container: sterile collection tube with integrated genetics provided transport medium
- Storage: maintain samples at room temperature and do not freeze.
- If no villi are submitted in the sample or do not meet the test requirements, you may need to resubmit the sample.
- If you need the remaining samples after the test is completed, we will return the samples.
You can request our services by first filling out the inquiry form below. If additional telomere-related testing is required, please email or call us for additional sample requests.
You can order our lab's services to make the collection and testing easy and accurate, from collection and shipping to testing. If you have a need for telomere length measurement for chorionic villi samples or other samples, please contact us to learn more.
Our services are for research use only and not for any clinical use.
We are a comprehensive technology platform company integrating aging DNA methylation, telomere, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome research.