Pharmacology Interventions Assessment Using DNA MethylationInquiry
Human longevity is mainly influenced by genetic and environmental factors. Due to the human quest for longevity, researchers have also gradually advanced their research on aging and have continued to develop and improve various interventions to extend lifespan, including life-extending drugs.
In order to explore the impact of pharmaceutical interventions, CD BioSciences can provide DNA methylation-based longevity research services to our clients. Our services address the development of DNA methylation-based age prediction models and the use of such models to postulate the effects of anti-aging drugs, as well as to characterize the methylation sites that explain the association with age and drug interventions.
The human DNA methylation clock has developed many other applications besides the ability to measure age, which encompasses its use in research efforts for anti-aging treatments. DNA methylation clock plays an important role in aging and longevity, helping us to significantly reduce the cost and time required to conduct longevity studies, and the data obtained will help us to elucidate the relationship between anti-aging drugs, aging, and DNA methylation.
Services We Provide
Due to the long lifespan of humans, studying the effects of any human longevity intervention can be time-consuming and costly. We help our clients overcome this difficulty by selecting appropriate animal models to study the effects of longevity drug interventions. Our specific services include the following.
- Different clock designs. We design different clocks for different study subjects, differentiated mainly in terms of species and measurement samples. There is also a choice of different age results that can predict either actual age or relative age, customized by the customer's choice.
- Anti-aging drug impact analysis. Experimental animals are subjected to daily drug treatment to explore the effect of this intervention on their lifespan and to see if it can prolong it. We use data analysis to further identify CpG sites where methylation levels are associated with treatment and to explore the molecular mechanisms of drug intervention.
|Research applications of pharmacological interventions for longevity|
|Potential biomarkers of longevity||The detection of pharmacological interventions may yield some validated markers with high association with longevity, such as methylation of certain specific loci that can be used as molecular biomarkers of longevity.|
|Molecular pathways of drug intervention to regulate aging||Depending on the phenomenon of pharmacological intervention may produce alterations or improvements in a number of pathways of physical, chemical and biological processes, which facilitates our discovery of regulatory pathways associated with delaying aging and promoting longevity.|
Features and Advantages
- Provide precise animal models with a shorter lifespan to reduce costs
- Accurate DNA methylation analysis platform
- Site-specific CpG methylation identification and quantification
- Independent and rigorous experimental observations to derive important insights
CD BioSciences's DNA methylation age clock-based technology and extensive experience and scientific knowledge enable our team to meet our clients' research requirements and help them navigate and accelerate longevity drug development programs. By combining scientific research and validation, we are committed to expanding the practical application of your pharmaceutical interventions. Please contact us to learn more.
Horvath, S, et al. DNA methylation age analysis of rapamycin in common marmosets. GeroScience, 2021,43,2413–2425.
Our services are for research use only and not for any clinical use.
We are a comprehensive technology platform company integrating aging DNA methylation, telomere, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome research.