Longevity Interventions Evaluation Using DNA MethylationInquiry
DNA methylation changes can be used as a biomarker of aging because its abnormal age-dependent changes are a potential cause of the aging process and the development of age-related diseases. A number of interventions have been demonstrated to prevent age-related diseases and extend lifespan, including dietary, pharmacological, and genetic, and most of the changes are associated with age-related DNA methylation changes.
To better understand the effects and molecular mechanisms of interventions for aging and longevity, CD BioSciences can provide research services to evaluate longevity interventions using DNA methylation clock technology.
Common Longevity Interventions
Longevity is mainly influenced by genetic, epigenetic and environmental factors, and interventions in these pathways can be used to achieve lifespan extension. Then for different interventions, we need to evaluate the effectiveness of aging delaying interventions by rigorous outcome measures, such as DNA methylation, to verify whether they can extend individual lifespan.
Dietary interventions can be used to intervene in longevity primarily through dietary regimens that restrict single nutrients or total calories. Common nutrients include folic acid, vitamin B12, calcium, etc. Caloric restriction means reducing caloric intake without causing malnutrition.
The use of commercially developed anti-aging drugs or natural or synthetic compounds that have the potential to extend life span are pharmaceutical interventions, such as rapamycin, which has been shown to extend the lifespan of both normal and mice with age-related diseases.
In addition to dietary restrictions and pharmacological treatments, genetic interventions can also extend the lifespan of species, such as growth hormone receptor knockouts. Knockout of aging-related genes in individuals is a successful attempt to intervene in aging and extend lifespan.
The key service we provide is the development and use of DNA methylation clocks in animal models and their application to test longevity interventions.
- DNA methylation clock development. We use DNA methylation techniques to develop specialized age prediction clocks for different animal models, allowing us to assess changes in DNA methylation age of experimental subjects with interventions.
- Longevity interventions evaluation. We characterize changes in biological age in experimental and control groups of animal models under different intervention conditions and assess the effects of dietary, pharmacological, and genetic interventions on mean life expectancy.
- Use of major animal models associated with human aging and disease
- Control to ensure data quality for each sample
- Comprehensive bioinformatics analysis and publishable data
- Robust and accurate DNA methylation analysis
- One-stop service from initial development to complete evaluation
CD BioSciences has years of experience in providing DNA methylation analysis services and a unique technology platform that can help you address possible barriers and challenges in your research and assist you in evaluating an innovative approach to longevity interventions.
We are committed to providing a one-stop service for evaluating longevity interventions using DNA methylation technology for our clients around the world. Please feel free to visit and contact us to discuss how we can help you develop relevant DNA methylation clocks and conduct evaluations of longevity interventions.
Our services are for research use only and not for any clinical use.
We are a comprehensive technology platform company integrating aging DNA methylation, telomere, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome research.