Diet Factors Analysis on Telomere LengthInquiry
Telomere length is influenced by a variety of factors, of which there are limited studies on the association between diet and telomere length. In such studies, we work to determine the role of certain dietary patterns or specific foods on telomere length. CD BioSciences provides the study of the effect of diet on telomere length serves to identify potent factors that slow down aging.
Diets Associated with Telomere Length
Specific food components and dietary patterns may be associated with telomere shortening, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, meats, micronutrients, essential fatty acids, Western dietary patterns, vegetarian patterns, etc. A healthy diet has shown some degree of effect on disease prevention, pro-inflammation and anti-inflammation, telomere maintenance, and delayed aging. Some studies have found that people with a healthy diet (e.g., high consumption of fruits and vegetables and adequate micronutrient intake) may have longer telomere length than other reference groups, further demonstrating the value of dietary factors intervening in telomere research.
Diet Factors Analysis Services
We assess the effect of dietary composition, and dietary patterns on individual telomere length through animal experiments. Animal model experiments can provide researchers with some insight into how dietary factors affect telomeres.
Animal samples contain a wide range of ages, group categories of different diets, standard growth environments and quality control, and biological samples are collected by professional animal researchers during breeding and monitoring.
The overall experimental protocol is designed, including sample setting, diet setting, parameter design, and data collection and processing, and the diet protocol can be accurately calculated.
We measure the average telomere length parameter using real-time PCR with DNA samples, and can customize the measurement of other parameters to suit your needs.
Dietary frequency, calories, nutrition, etc. can be calculated as factor analysis, generally using descriptive statistics, ANOVA and tests for data analysis in appropriate cases.
What We Can Solve
- Extensive animal studies. We assess the effect of dietary factors on the lifespan of target populations or phylogenetically close populations by telomere length measurements.
- Reliable statistical comparisons. All experiments will use a sufficient number of individuals by age/environment/dietary condition categories to allow for reliable statistical comparisons.
- Strictly controlled conditions. Control sample conditions that may affect measurements, such as DNA extraction methods, storage conditions, animal physiological characteristics, etc.
- High throughput analytical techniques. Consider the study objectives and technical considerations to select a fast, simple, robust and cost-effective telomere length measurement protocol.
Cooperate with Us
We examine the specific effects of dietary patterns on telomere length, which can take into account a wide variety of foods and specific dietary patterns. These specific associations may drive the potential role of nutrients in aging telomeres.
CD BioSciences' scientists are committed to helping our customers accelerate their journey in telomere length animal research. To learn more about our solutions for telomere length studies, please feel free to contact us.
- Pérez, L M, et al. Effects of Diet on Telomere Length: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Public Health Genomics, 2018.
Our services are for research use only and not for any clinical use.
We are a comprehensive technology platform company integrating aging DNA methylation, telomere, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome research.