Aging Metabolomics AnalysisInquiry
The exact mechanisms of the aging process are unknown, but require integrated analysis at multiple levels. Metabolomics can add important insight by providing detailed metabolite profiles and metabolomic functions that change with age, which is a very useful and powerful tool in aging research. CD BioSciences provides comprehensive quantitative analysis of aging-related metabolites to understand the biology of aging through quantitative metabolite profiling.
Introduction to Aging Metabolomics
Aging is a complex biological process that manifests itself not only in changes at the molecular level, but also in changes in systemic metabolism. Many metabolic processes in the human body produce molecular damage, which accumulates gradually with age and is a major factor contributing to the onset of aging. Therefore, analysis of the metabolomic profile of aging can help us better understand the mechanisms of aging, and with the development of sensitive metabolomic technologies also further advance the analysis and characterization of metabolite levels associated with biological aging.
Fig 1. Metabolism-related mechanisms of aging (Kondoh H, et al. 2020)
Metabolomics Analysis Services
We can explore the metabolomics of aging using a variety of metabolomics approaches, including untargeted and targeted metabolomics. Non-targeted approaches can analyze metabolites globally to understand the overall metabolic profile, while targeted approaches can delve into some specific aging-related metabolic pathways.
We identify all detectable metabolites in sample with high sensitivity, high resolution, high throughput and wide dynamic range mass spectrometry to analyze the overall metabolic profile of aging and discover the metabolic mechanisms behind it.
The large datasets generated by sequencing need to be analyzed efficiently by software to provide statistical power to eliminate systematic biases that can accurately identify compounds and detect specific changes. We typically provide feature extraction, molecular identification, statistical analysis and functional annotation of metabolomics data.
- Ability to perform targeted and untargeted metabolomics analysis.
- Automated high-throughput sample processing improves workflow standardization and efficiency.
- Sample collection and input homogenization to reduce intra-sample variation and improve reliability.
- Measure thousands of metabolites in a variety of biological samples.
- Make the most of your data according to your statistical analysis needs.
- All data (raw mass spectrometry files, processed data, final data) are submitted to the client.
- Sample type: accept various biological samples, blood, urine, various tissues, etc.
- Sample volume: ≥200 μL
- Transportation method: dry ice refrigeration
- Sample tubes should be clearly labeled, either with stickers or barcodes.
Most aging studies have focused on other omics and there has not been much comprehensive analysis of the metabolome. the purpose of CD BioSciences service is to use mass spectrometry-based metabolomics to identify and quantify various age-related metabolites. We can use untargeted metabolomics or targeted metabolomics methods to obtain high resolution, accurate quality metabolic composition and quantitative data depending on the client's needs.
If you are looking for aging metabolomics studies not mentioned on this website, please feel free to contact us by email or phone!
- Srivastava S. Emerging Insights into the Metabolic Alterations in Aging Using Metabolomics. Metabolites, 2019, 9(12).
- Kondoh H, et al. Whole Blood Metabolomics in Aging Research. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2020, 22(1):175.
Our services are for research use only and not for any clinical use.
We are a comprehensive technology platform company integrating aging DNA methylation, telomere, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome research.